Dental cone beam computed tomography or CBCT as it commonly known is the most state of the art dental imaging technique available today. Where dental X-rays provide a 2D image which is prone to distortion, a CBCT supplies dental surgeons and dentists with an unsurpassed level of 3 dimensional detail. We at New Ivory use this ground breaking technology to produce 3-D images of the teeth and jaws to highlight complicated nerve paths and other soft and hard tissues in the head.
A CBCT scan is used in the following situations:
- When planning for dental implants to see whether you have enough bone quality and quantity to place them safely. This also helps us to know whether you are suitable for Same Day Dental Implants.
- To understand the location of sinuses and important nerves to safely avoid them and to increase the safety of the surgery.
- To get help with evaluation before the following oral surgeries:
- Wisdom teeth extractions
- Root Canal treatment to visualize the nerves inside the canal better.
- Orthodontic planning
- Removal of the maxillo-facial tumors
- Cyst Removal
- Bone tumors, Neoplasm or similar pathology
- arthroplasty of Temporomandibular joint
- TM joint examination and replacement
- Developmental mid-face syndromes such as cleft palate
- Surgical reconstruction
CBCT scan can also be used with other technology like the CEREC to make surgical guides and to perform guided implant surgery. This increases the safety and accuracy of implant placement still further.
Why choose us?
We have a Planmeca PROMAX CBCT unit which is considered by many to be the Rolls Royce of the CBCT world. The quality of the CBCT is unsurpassed so there are minimal distortions and mistakes. Also the radiation dosage is the Planmeca units are among the least of CBCT scanners. The unit also offers a very small field of view to minimize unnecessary exposure and radiation. A root canal treatment for example needs exposure to just one tiny area and not the entire jaw or head! This increases the safety of the procedure and is better for you!
Talk to one of our consultants today to learn more about our services in this area or book a consultation to get an expert opinion.