Dental cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) is X-ray equipment that is used in an event when conventional facial and dental X-rays are not enough to detect the underlying issues. Specialists use this technology to produce 3-D images of teeth and gums to highlight complicated nerve paths and both hard and soft tissues.
CBCT scan is utilized in events:
- When evaluating for dental implants to see the patient’s underlying bone structure and tissues.
- To see detailed tooth anatomy before performing root-canal treatment.
- To get help with evaluation before the following oral surgeries:
- removal of the maxillo-facial tumor
- non-odontogenic and odontogenic cysts
- arthroplasty of Temporomandibular joint
- TM joint replacement
- developmental mid-face syndromes such as cleft palate
- surgical reconstruction
In addition, CBCT scan is used to identify various issues that are important to consider before performing complicated oral surgery.
Why choose us
Experience matters a lot when it comes to advanced imaging and we have the right experience and skill set to ensure that you get the best possible results for your oral treatment.
We also have the latest Low Dose CBCT machine that can take only selective areas so you are not exposed to more radiation than necessary.
Talk to one of our consultants today to learn more about our services in this area or book a consultation to get an expert opinion.